Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 62 - new PR!

Today was exhausting! I only got like 3 hours of sleep, was busy all day at work (I had lunch duty...ugh). I was also super crabby...I think I needed this run after taking the day off (I really should plan my rest days on a weekend so my cranky-ness doesn't effect my work!).
may not have been a 60 minute run, but the sentiment is the same

I also was supposed to have a chiropractor appointment today (down to once every 2 weeks now!), but I decided to reschedule. I had to go to a dinner with my sister for her high school at 7 and knew I wouldn't have time for the doctor and my run. I really felt like I needed the run, and not just a quick a mile just to say I ran.

It was super humid today, and according to my schedule, I was to run 2.25 miles. I decided to do just over a mile loop so I could head back to my house and get some water about halfway through. I was feeling kind of dehydrated and didn't have enough time to really hydrate as much as I like. I was also starving so I had a protein bar about a half hour before I left.

Well, that loop and water was a brilliant idea. About 1 mile in I was starting to cramp and my mouth was so dry it was like swallowing sandpaper. I took like a minute break, grabbed some water and stretched. I paused my run then, because I really wanted to see what my running pace was.

Well, with that break I was able to run 12:18 average pace! That is insane for me! I know on Saturday my app didn't work right, but I know the loop I ran is a little over a mile after doing it so many times, and it was tracking accurately! Goes to show you how important stretching and hydration is!

I ran that whole 2.25 miles and that water really helped!

I'm off tomorrow, so I will probably go on the elliptical or the stationary bike to cross train.

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment