Monday, June 15, 2015

Crazy busy!

So with school being out, I haven't been anywhere near my computer! I also have been keeping myself very busy. Last Friday, I went to the Indians game, Saturday I went to the Dierks Bentley concert, Sunday I went to the Cavs watch party, Monday I went shopping for a wedding I got invited to last minute, Tuesday I went downtown for the Cavs game and ran with my No Boundaries group, Wednesday was a surprise engagement party for friends of mine, Thursday I went downtown for the Cavs game again, Friday I went and got pedicures for the wedding and ran a bunch of last minute errands, Saturday was another No Boundaries meeting and the wedding, and then yesterday we left for vacation. PHEW! I can't believe how busy I was!

I did manage to run three days last week, just shorter distances than I had hoped. It was way too hot to do too much more.

I brought all my running gear and plan to run while I'm here in the Outer Banks on vacation, but the heat index is up over 100 degrees, and running in the morning might even be too hot, but I will try. We do have a pool, so I could do some water running if I wanted and we have some things to use for circuit training. I will not stop working out, even if my eating is not 100% (the only thing in the house for breakfast this morning was donuts).

I may have to start running on the "dreadmill" this summer. I have my race scheduled June 28th, which may mean that it's hot, but it's early in the morning, so it should be ok. Any thoughts on running in the heat?
maybe this will work as my motivation?

I also have been reading Runner's World Big Book of Running for Beginner's. This is great to read on the beach and it really just makes me want to get out there and run!

I really have to get my motivation back, so I may switch from running in my neighborhood to running in the park nearby. I cannot stop now - I've spent too much money,  I've finally started to see progress!!

I'll keep researching ways to motivate.

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment