Thursday, June 18, 2015

More time in the OBX

this book was full of great tips!
This morning we woke up to rain...its not supposed to rain at the beach! After breakfast and a couple of hours spent doing work for all of our family, we decided to take a walk together. We went on a 3 mile walk into the next town and back. My hip was in a lot of pain, almost from the beginning of the walk. I definitely need to make sure I am doing my hip swings to warm up before I leave and make sure that I am working my hip often throughout the week.

My running coach of my No Boundaries running group sent out this hip strengthening plan (called the myrtl workout-find a video of the workout here). I did it this even while I was laying around watching TV...it doesn't take that long and hips already feel loser and not as tight!

I also finished reading the Runner's World beginner's running book. It had great tips! Mostly stuff I already know, but what was the most helpful were the shopping guides and the advice as to what to eat and when to fuel and recover from your runs. I struggle with that, and definitely needed the support and advice.

my family - they are all much more fit than I am :( (I'm far right)
While on the family walk today, my family raced home from a quarter mile out. I hated this idea, because I know I was going to be the last one, so I didn't even want to try. Honestly, while walking two blocks behind my family while they were running, I started tearing up. I have been working so hard and doing things to make myself better, yet it feels like it will never be enough for them. I am the oldest, and was the black sheep in my teenage years, so now when I get left out, it brings back those memories and hurts. This is normally when I would emotionally eat. Luckily, I had the beach to distract me, but if I was home, I wouldn't. I know I just have to keep pushing and hoping that someday I will be just as fit as they are.

Hoping to get out for a run tomorrow!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment