Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Crazy run day in the Outer Banks

This morning I went for a run in the Outer Banks on my vacation and there finally wasn't a heat advisory, so I went for a run this morning. There is a really nice trail on the street by the rental house, so I changed after my morning cup of coffee and went out. I got three blocks from my house, and a stray dog crossed the street and came right over to me. I stopped in my tracks and waited to see what would happen (I was nervous that this would be the end of me!). The puppy was as sweet as can be! She came up and sniffed me and then made her way toward the road again. I was now nervous for her safety and so I called her over to me. She came right over and I just put my hand on her and held her while I called the police (had I been home or had something to keep her near me, I would have looked up the number to call a no kill shelter, but I didn't have those resources available to me). Luckily some ladies came over and decided they were going to take her home. I am so thankful that she will now go to a loving home!!

After that debacle, I was running late for family putt-putt, so I had to head back. I decided after putt-putt and some relaxing beach time, to try my run again. I went out and did two miles on that trail. However, since I have been on a bit of a hiatus, I got the cramps in the muscles in the sides of my legs again. I also had my first negative split (although, admittedly not by much)! I am hoping that the leg cramps are just caused by a lack of running recently, but the fact that I was able to stick with it, tells me that I should be ok.

I'm hoping to get some circuit training in tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment