Monday, July 6, 2015

Circuit Training Woes

I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July weekend! My weekend included corn hole, beer, ribs, and fireworks with friends and family. Of course some running too! 

I ran with my No Boundaries group on Saturday and we finally upped it to two miles! We were still running intervals, but I was able to push my pace a lot to make it difficult for me. I think pushing the distance also helped. 

I took Sunday as my rest day. I went to my dad's and had some dinner and watched the soccer game. What an amazing win for the US! It was awesome to see.

this is 100% me
Today, I did a Nike+ Training Club circuit that was 45 minutes long. I was sweating SO much! I had to modify some of the moves since I am not nearly strong enough for some of them, but I did the basic move that I could add on to afterwards. It was really difficult, but after I was done, I felt so good about myself! I haven't really worked out for more than 45 minutes before-and especially not doing circuits...I have this scary feeling that I am going to be SUPER sore tomorrow!

My sister's softball coach (and family friend) came up to me at my sister's game after seeing my race pictures on Instagram and asked me what in the world possessed me to start running. I kind of laughed it off and told how I started running and why. It just reminded me that I HATED running and used to be one of those people who could not understand why in the world someone would want to run. Then I set my mind to it and got a training plan, and just kept working. Don't get me wrong, I still have a long way to go to complete my long term goals, but just getting this far feels phenomenal! I can feel muscles in my legs (for the first time ever) and finally feel like I'm an athlete (even though I don't quite look like one yet). It really goes to show, whatever you put your mind to, you can accomplish! 

Keep going after your dreams!
Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment