Tuesday, July 28, 2015

MIA as the school year begins

It has been over a week since I posted and I apologize for those who are following closely! "Summer Institute" (3 weeks of training before the school year for teachers) has begun, but I'm still trying to enjoy my summer, so I have been busy!!! I went back to work last Tuesday and have had something to do after work each one of those days. Those of you who know me personally know that I don't usually stay that busy on weeknights and it is exhausting to do so!

Last Wednesday was my first full day back at work, and I signed up for another 5K on that afternoon! That was most definitely not my brightest move - I was unbelievably exhausted that afternoon. However, I dragged my butt off the couch, got changed and made it to that race since I spent $23 to run, I really should go  because I was determined to run. I'm glad I went. Knowing before the race, that they only let 100 people register and it was going to be pretty small, I was intimidated. I figured everyone who knew about it ran miles upon miles upon miles, but I was wrong! I was one of the last 10 but not the last runner and there was a cookout afterwards. It was a TOUGH course. Nearly completely straight up for 1.5 miles and then down those hills for 1.5 miles. I walked uphill for like .5 of a mile so that I could really speed down those hills at the end. By doing that I ended up with a PR of 38:30! Only 30 seconds faster than last time, but I'll take it!
completely exhausted - could barely smile

I LOVE my new Fitbit Surge. It is actually super motivating to be able to see your distance and pace as you go. Keeps me totally on track while I run and feel it is way more accurate than my phone ever was. My only complaint is that when my phone receives text messages, the Surge doesn't always notify me of them. But that was an additional feature to me - not why I bought the watch. I don't use the heart rate yet as much as I thought I would. I really like seeing how many floors I climb each day (8 right now, with over 7,000 steps-it is good to be back at work! :) ) S Health, however, has not really impressed me. I think it needs a few more improvements and updates. It just doesn't work as effectively as it should.

I have been staying on track with eating, but I have most definitely NOT been getting enough sleep. Weight is not really coming off right now, but I'll keep working to try to get myself down to where I want to be (it should not be taking this long)! I have not been strength training as much as I should be right now. I just literally have zero time right now. Once my sister goes back to Georgia and I get back into the swing of things with work it should help - not quite adjusting to the early bedtimes again as well as I should!

Tonight I have my running group with No Boundaries in all this heat and humidity! Gotta keep hydrating!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment