Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My disorganization strikes again...

So, there has been a huge gap between my postings - I swear I have an explanation! Even though I teach and have summer's "off" I went up to work last Tuesday for a meeting. When I got home I was using my computer to research some things we had talked about in our meeting. By the time I went to post on here, my computer died and I reached in my bag to pull out my charger and found I had left it at school! :(

I wasn't able to get into the building until today, so that is why there is a lack of posts! When I did get up to work on Tuesday, all of the school administrators who hadn't seen me since the beginning of June said they could tell that I was losing weight! I can barely tell on myself, but those people who don't see you every day are the ones who can tell the best anyway.

I'm getting closer to this...
I then went shopping at my favorite plus-size store, Torrid, and although I'm not quite ready to move out of the store, I was able to try stuff on and a size 2 looked great and fit comfortably! (I was BARELY a size 2 last time I was there-buying some clothes in a size 3). I also bought some clearance pants from Old Navy and went down a size! I also went down from an XXL to an XL in their dresses and shirts. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with results thus far! I think joining a challenge with some friends from a Facebook community to track every day for the month of July really helped. I'm making better choices when I go out to eat and don't feel as hungry throughout the day like I used to.

I haven't run as much as I'd like this past week, but I did try to do something every day. I did MANY, MANY squats this week through training on the Nike+ Training Club app and always feel so satisfied when I do those!

I think the lack of structure in the summer without working as much, has really thrown my training for a loop. I'm hoping that when I go back to work next week (as I cringe), I'm able to put more structure into my running.

Hope everyone has a great week!
-Liz

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog recently, I like how honest you are and I can totally relate! I'm glad you posted, was beginning to wonder! Signed up for my first 5K in August, have been prepping at the gym for 2 1/2 months now but it's been on a treadmill and not outside (I'm in tX and the heat/humidity is unreal!) anyhow keep up the good work and I'm happy for your fun shopping experience, isn't that great motivation?? I've been treating myself to cuter work out clothes when I hit my mini goals and it keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am constantly buying cuter workout clothes...I swear it is an addiction! You can look up ways to make your treadmill experience feel more like outdoors, if you're nervous about that. I lived in Texas for a year and a half after college, so I definitely know how awful the heat and humidity can be!

      Delete