Friday, July 3, 2015

The post race blues

Since my race on Sunday, I have been struggling to get motivated! I have been staying active and working out, but getting up to that 3 miles again as been difficult. I really would like to begin working up to 6, but I'm not sure that will happen for a little while. Even writing this post is proving difficult and I'm getting distracted by other things!

Monday was most definitely a rest day. My ankle has still been hurting and I am trying to take it easy, but I also have too much time on my hands since the summer slowed down. Thus, Monday I went to the craft store to make something to hold my (hopefully growing collection of) medals! I needed some motivation and needed something.

Tuesday I began circuit training with the Nike Training Club app. It is super hard, but I love it! They time all your circuits for you and it links with the Nike+ running app to track your activity for the week! I was using the Fitbit app, but I think I have found that I like these two together better. Then I created my medal hanger! It matches my bedroom decor and is just so cool! I love staring at it on my wall - just makes me want to do more (even though when I get out there I can't keep moving after 1.5 miles!)
I love the quote on the board. List of dream races right next to my medals!

Wednesday began a challenge with some people from the Facebook weight loss running group I belong to - From Fat to the Finish Line. 34 of us will all track our food for the entire month. There may be slip-up days, but we all agree that we will track. Day 1 was a success, however, I didn't eat enough throughout the day and when I got to my No Boundaries group I didn't have enough energy to run well...I knew should have eaten before I left, but there was a Brooks demo run with food, beer, and prizes afterward. I just didn't time my meals right is all. The demo run was so much fun! We took some pictures and thanked running for what we are capable of doing because of it.

Today I went for a run on my own and was only able to complete 1.5 miles - I had wanted to complete 2.5! Without a race to train for there really isn't any motivation. I made a list of all my dream races, but most of them are over with for this year or I don't have enough time to train. I did however find this amazing race that I cannot  wait to run in (just have to wait to sign up-these fees are expensive)! The Christmas Story Run has an amazing medal and runs from Higbee's (the Cleveland Store in the movie) to the house and back. It is a 5k and a 10k and I want to run the 10k in December. I should be able to do it, but No Boundaries training kind of throws things off. That training ends August 22, so that still gives me plenty of time to get the training in before December...I hope!

Nike+ Training Club app
Weight is starting to come off again which really makes me happy! I just have to remember to stay active and keep moving and ALWAYS find time to work out, regardless of what is going on. I'm not sure how many rest days I'm going to take in a week, but this training club app really seems to help and I love seeing all the numbers add up quickly for the minutes I worked out. My 17 year old sister used this app for her weight loss and is down 30+ pounds! I'm so proud of her and can't wait to get down to that weight too!

Until next time-
Liz

2 comments:

  1. If you want to build to 10K, with your 5K so recently under your belt, look at a bridge to 10k program. I believe 3 times a week for 6 weeks, and you'd be at the 10K. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I'll definitely look into that!

      Delete