Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I have an addiction to spending money on running

definitely didn't think I was capable of my mile time!
Before I get into what I spent money on today, let's first discuss how my No Boundaries 5K training group went. We all met at Fleet Feet in the half hour that it wasn't raining yesterday to do our halfway point 1 mile trial. When we began the program, I got an 11:43/mile pace, and my goal by the halfway point was 11:30/mile. When we got there, I actually brought my phone and headphones with me so that I could really pace this out for myself. I definitely ran the first lap too fast, but I just kept pushing and tried not to slow down too much (but also not throw up or fall over!) and I ended this time trial at 10:44 (of course I couldn't run just 1 second faster to make it exactly 1 minute faster).

Then, as we were leaving the group, one of the ladies I run with who I hadn't seen in awhile told me that I already look like I lost weight! She made sure to mention my bottom half and motioned from her boobs down, so that I was aware that my boobs are still ginormous (hahahaha). I was so surprised and flattered that I told her she was too sweet and thanked her. I was really caught off guard! Then I weighed myself this morning and I am down THREE POUNDS! What?! Three pounds in one week?! I know I earned it - I've been very carefully watching what I eat and not letting myself go over-board.

The new GPS watch I bought!
Now, for my running shopping spree today. I was hoping to find some Garmin's on a great deal for Amazon Prime Day today, and they did have one, but not for a major discount. They also had (still have until 3am) the FitBit Charge HR for $25 off (a $25 Amazon gift card). I read reviews to see if the "exercise" mode could easily track distance based on my steps and stride during the timed workout and well basically that was a big, fat no. I love my FitBit and decided that I want the Surge (the one with GPS and HR). I was googling discounts and found a bunch on eBay for $100 off, so I bid on a couple and actually won one! I am paying $162.50 for a used one (as long as it works, I don't care if it's used) and I CANNOT wait for it to get here to try it out!!!

I also got a new Samsung Galaxy S6 today! I signed up for the Verizon Edge plan and those of you on Verizon and have an update I HIGHLY recommend this program. I won't bore you with the details, but I got the phone, a case, and a screen protector for $13 after my trade-in. AMAZING! I am going to check out all the new things the phone can do on S Health and report back to you later.

Oh, and I also bought a few new pairs of running socks at Target today (I am not lying when I say I have a problem).

Keep on moving!
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment