Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 2 - now which 5k to sign up for?

Yesterday, after my run, I called my sister (an ex-D1 college volleyball player-turned D1 coach and all-around great athlete) and asked her if she would be in town from Georgia at the end of May to sign up for a 5k with me. I didn't want to do my first one by myself and knew she runs about 4 miles a day anyways, and she accepted! Now we just have to figure out which one fits in with both our schedules...

My motivation for running today...
This morning while I was doing some errands, running was ALL I could think about! This runner's high thing is no joke! I never EVER thought I would look forward to my workouts, but I actually thoroughly enjoy running around my small neighborhood! Only being able to think about running, did FORCE me to buy more running clothes and supplies (did I mention that I also have a shopping addiction?!), but oh well, the less frequently I have to do laundry the better.

I know I probably should have taken a rest day today or cross-train, but knowing that it was so sunny and gorgeous, it's going to rain for the next 2 days pretty much non-stop, and that it's girls night tonight (weekly dinner and drinks date with my college roommate and bestest friend!), I decided to get my second run of the week in. Today's pace was much faster than yesterdays! I went further in the half hour given to me for the C25K program and shaved like 2 minutes off my pace! It is still a run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds kind of workout, but progress is progress! Everyone has to start somewhere. 

He's super-cute though, right?!
Today was only a bit warmer than yesterday, but I actually think I like running in chilly weather better than summer weather-I don't sweat until I get inside! Then my face gets super warm and I realize how hard I had actually been working. Somewhat rewarding actually! 

I almost took my dog with me today, but he would slow me down and make me stop so he can "mark his territory" throughout the entire neighborhood. He picks up pretty quickly when I run that I am not stopping for him to do his business every 3 seconds, but nonetheless, it's a nuisance


Well, now it is time to get ready for my girl's night out tonight!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment