Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 5- busy day off!

Today was a ridiculously busy day! I slept in and went to the gym when I woke up. I did manage to skip week 2 for the couch to 5k program! I completed a 5 minute warm up walk, 2 90 minute runs with a 90 minute walk and then 2 3 minute walks with a 3 minute walk. It was way easier than I thought it would be! This could be because  I was inside on the treadmill, or it could actually be because my endurance is getting better...only time will tell!

I then went to the chiropractor and got some muscle stim and an adjustment which really helped with my stiffness and then I of course had to enjoy an amazing fish fry (obviously undoing all the work I did today, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.)

I spent the rest of the day relaxing at my friends house, trying to convince them to do a 5k with me! I may have them hooked ;)

I text my sister every day about my progress and we take time to celebrate every little victory. I think it is so important to share those victories with someone and really acknowledge those baby steps. Without that, I know I would be super discouraged that I am not running non-stop for a mile, or 5 minutes, or picking up speed as quickly as I would want to. I know some people who put a dollar into a jar every time they follow through and go to their workout...I see how that works! I might have to try that when motivation gets low!

Well, time for more tv with my friends!

Until next time,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment