Monday, March 23, 2015

The first run! Well sort of...

Well, being inspired by some others who I have seen blogging their weightloss/running adventures, I have decided to create my own! Hopefully, this will hold me accountable...

Being a teacher and being on "spring" break, I figured there is no time like the present to start running. I downloaded the C25K program on my phone, made a few new workout playlists on my Spotify (and tried them out in my classroom in the mornings to pump me up-my coworker walked in and wanted to start a dance party before the students arrived!).

Today's run involved a 5 minute walking warm-up and then alternating 60 second runs with 90 second walks and then a 5 minute walking cool down. According to my favorite tool, mapmyrun.com that is 1.88 miles! That's probably the furthest I've gone since I "ran" track in middle school (I was in it for the shot put...) I have a gym membership, but decided to run outside so that all the beeping of turning up and down the speed on the treadmill didn't annoy everyone around me. It was a great idea until I realized today's high was 35 degrees!



Now, I know there is no polar vortex in March, but geez, shouldn't it be a bit warmer?! At least I have warmer temperatures this week to look forward to! There was also some very weird activity in my normally extremely quiet, suburban Cleveland community...I guess it's not as quiet during the day as I thought!

My goal is to AT LEAST run 3 times a week, but I'm hoping to work it in more!

Until next time,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment