Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 4-treadmill day...stupid snow!

Exercise MotivationI was going to cross train today, but I texted my sister and she told me I should just go to the gym I have a membership to and just use the treadmill. I was dreading it. I didn't want anyone to get annoyed when I had to keep turning up and down the speed and know that so many say running outdoors is better for you. Plus, I haven't been feeling well all day-these weather changes are really getting to me! Regardless, I went and the time flew by! I think this was partly due to the new playlist I added on my Spotify (if you want to follow my account, let me know!) and that I actually enjoy what I am doing and am looking forward to seeing progress. I keep moving, because I really want to take the time to see myself improve and get stronger and healthier. I used to use the elliptical all the time for a half hour and I did it because I felt it was the only exercise I could do, but now that I am building stamina and the muscles to run, I know better!

I really didn't want to turn the treadmill speed up and down every 60 seconds so I followed a different plan, just for today-it was a little easier too so I wasn't pushing it too hard. I just found it by looking up workouts on Pinterest-you can follow my food and exercise pins here- and printed it out and followed it. I was able to go 2 miles in 30 minutes (yay! progress!) and felt I could have pushed it even more.

In the C25K program, I am supposed to take one more day to run for 60 seconds and walk for 90, but I think I'll move on to week 2 since I am feeling good and run for 90 seconds and walk for 60. I am curious to see how well I keep up this energy for improvement when work starts back up on Monday. Some coworkers and I are involved in a "Biggest Loser" of our own and workout every Monday, but I am not a fan of circuits and really like my running program, so I may just come home and complete my run.

We shall see!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment