Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day 9 - struggle bus

Whew! The second day back to work after a break is usually harder than the first one and that it was! Honors Day Assembly, messed up schedule for the kids, and a rough dismissal...BUT afterwards I had a chiropractor appointment, so that made things better (I just LOVE adjustments...)!


I took the opportunity to run today!
Got back home late due to my appointment, and the whole way home, all I could think of was "I didn't HAVE to run today, I ran yesterday, I'm really tired, I have to go to the store today, I don't have enough time..." the whole gamut of excuses that I usually use to get out of working out. I got home, took a few minutes to myself, ate dinner, and WENT FOR THE RUN ANYWAY. I'm so proud of myself! I did go back to week 2 of the couch to 5k  training because I ate right before I went running and I was tired, so I didn't think I had it in me to really push myself for the 3 minutes of running. I wanted to finish a whole program run, otherwise I would have been extremely discouraged and might have just helped the excuses take over the next time and I am NOT about to let that happen.

The run itself was very dark and cold, but since I was doing an easier run (run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes) I really pushed to go further and faster. For the last 90 minutes of running Pitbull's Fireball came on and although most people find the song obnoxious, I think it is super catchy and just love it...it really pushed me to finish strong! Then when I had one minute left in my cool down, my phone died, so the last minute was quiet, getting pretty dark, and there were deer crossing my path...needless to say it was a creepy end...

I ran the furthest distance yet outdoors (usually average 1.75 miles and today I went 1.95, yay!!!) which led to my quickest pace outdoors...even more progress!! As long as I keep seeing these baby steps, I'll be thrilled and continue to stay motivated.

What excuses have you used in the past? How do you overcome them?

No comments:

Post a Comment