Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 8-back outside and found some motivation!

Well today was my first day back at work after my spring break. I was happy to see my kiddos and enjoy their ridiculous commentary and teach them a few things too ;) I definitely did NOT get enough sleep last night-3 hours (this always happens after a long break...ugh...) but I went into work bright-eyed and bushy tailed! One thing I noticed while back at work today-I have a bit more stamina at work and I can kneel next to the students' and their desks a lot longer then I used to!

I keep this one on my desk at work!
I knew I was going to have to run today no matter how exhausted I was to start my training while working on the right foot. I had a meeting after school and had to run home and eat dinner with my sister (which also meant I had to miss my usual Monday chiropractor appointment...nooooooooo!). She left after dinner and I took an hour to myself to digest my food, hydrate and drink my pre-workout energy. I have used AMIN.O. energy in the afternoon at work on a occasion. I have three flavors-green apple, grape, and fruit punch-with fruit punch probably being my favorite, but all 3 are good! I think it helped and I wasn't too jittery.



I decided to run outside. It wasn't too cold, but it was a bit windy. I wasn't sure if I should go back to week 2 on my couch to 5k program since I took 2 days off running, but decided to try it out and see how it would go. I did make it through the whole thing (yay!) but it was a bit slower than my last time and I REALLY had to push through my last 3 minute run. It was not so quick, but I didn't give up and ran the whole time, so I am proud of myself for not giving up and pushing through!!

fostering confidence in young girls!
My school has recently sponsored a few of our girls to participate in Girls on the Run-an amazing program to foster self-esteem, self-love and all-around confidence in girls grades 3-5. I spoke with one of the coaches (a fellow 4th grade teacher!) and asked her if she wanted to run a 5k with me and she told me that I should join the Girls on the Run 5k on May 31st with her and a few of my students!! I am excited to have a race to participate in (although I may not be able to do what I want to and may have to stick with my girlies)! I will most likely still sign up for one with my sister around the same time, but excited to share my new found love and excitement with some of my students!


Well I better get moving-I need to recover some of that sleep I lost last night!
Until next time-
Liz

P.S. All that hydrating, really helped my run, but I have had to pee like a million times tonight! ughhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment