Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 54-Girls on the Run 5K


Girls on the Run of Greater Summit 5K 2015 Spring



After running a 5K last week, I have decided to sign up with one of my students to run with her at the Girls on the Run 5K! When I told her last week that I'd be running with her she was really excited! I just hope I can keep up with her...her coach said I should be fine. The race is not timed and really just to build confidence to set a goal and finish it. Although I didn't coach this program, after finding my passion for running, I'm excited to be able to be a part of it!



Yesterday I did run two miles, but it was very hilly. The part that I'm most excited about is that I am running without walking. That is a huge milestone for me! I flex my legs and can the formation of a quad muscle and calf muscle which is exciting to see! This is the type of result I have been waiting for.



I'm hoping with my new cross training regimen that I can build even more muscles!



Until next time-

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment