Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 56 - numb toes

I went for my 2 mile jog per my new training program and again my toes went numb! I posted in my Facebook group and asked for advice.

The main advice was to get fitted for shoes (check) and then check out lacing patterns on Runner's World and try some out and see what works. So I found a few options on Pinterest.
Running show lacing techniques via http://www.reddit.com/r/running/comments/20u6a4/running_shoe_lacing_techniques/

I'm going to try the wide forefoot first, since it is my toes that go numb, but I also have super high arches, so if that doesn't work I will try high instep.

I checked the wear pattern on my shoes today while I was examining any stretching to determine my lacing, and I am wearing out the outside of the shoe, so I do think I am an under pronator and may need a stability shoe next time. However, the Brooks are working well for me now! Underpronators CAN use a neutral shoe, so that should work for now.

Tomorrow is a 100% rest day, so I will update everyone on Thursday!

Until next time-
Liz

P.S. Check out my pinterest for more lacing patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment