Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 61 - strength training

Yesterday, my sisters' and my schedules finally aligned and I was able to strength train! We went shopping for my mom's birthday and then waited for my youngest sister to get off work and we did some circuits!

We ran up and down my dad's driveway, then we did jumping squats, a 30 second plank, side lunges (with a ten pound weight), tricep curls with a ten pound weight, and leg lifts.

I only did three circuits and my sisters' did 4. I'm ok with that though, I am in way less in shape than they are.  I was nervous that I didn't push myself hard enough though.

I woke up this morning with some soreness in my abs (yay! soreness always makes me feel like I did something right) and my triceps.

I did not make it out today, so my rest day will just have to be today instead of Wednesday. I spent so much time at my dad's. I ate so much food for memorial day, but showed more restraint than normal and only went over my calories by 100. I know I shouldn't go over at all, but I'm pleased that I showed enough discipline to not go too crazy.

Well, it's late and I have to work tomorrow!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment