Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 58 - End of the school year blues

definitely feel this today!
This week has been rough. There are 9 more days of school left and the students are definitely testing me! I could tell I needed a run today. I was very frustrated and all my patience was spent. I never ever thought I'd be one of those people who looked forward to my workout...not necessarily throughout the run but for how I feel afterward!

According to my training today was a 1.5 mile run, so it was an easy run day. My hips were really sore for the past two days from running and the elliptical. Just gotta keep building up that strength I guess.

I re-laced my shoes today before I ran too. I didn't cross any laces across the top of my foot (closest to my toes) and tied my shoes to prevent heel slip (see the video for the heel slip here). The hell prevention step seemed to really help stabilize my foot and having no laces across my toes really helped with the numbness, however there was still a teeny bit of numbness.

I have one of those virtual sticky notes on the desktop of my computer with my running schedule for the week on it. I try to plan my run days in advance (usually on Sundays) so that I can't back out and so that I don't miss a run ( I run no less than 3 times a week). I had my computer hooked up to my Smart Board at work for a meeting and my coworkers saw my schedule and thought it was very smart. They are starting to run too, so I hope they take that tip!

I am hoping to get something done tomorrow, but I have to go to my sister's high school orchestra concert so I'm not sure how much training I'll actually get in. Maybe my sister will FINALLY train with me??

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment