Sunday, May 31, 2015

Day 67 - Girls on the Run 5K

Today was the Girl's on the Run 5K race! My mom came with me and we met up with some of my students and other teachers. There were so many things to do and so many people! The girls looked all around and couldn't believe all this was for them.

this program is phenomenal!
I ran with one of my students. I was told she runs the whole time, so I was looking forward to push myself. However, unfortunately, that was not the case. After about 3/4 of a mile, she was walking. I kept trying to push her and run at her walking pace, but she was slightly resistant. I felt pretty good, so I feel like I could run the whole 5K faster than I did during my training a few weeks ago. Today's time was 45 minutes.

sweaty, sticky mess!
After mile 1, there was a water station, but they ran out of water! Some of the other parents and students were not very happy, but at mile 2, there was plenty of water and everything worked out fine. We had a great time running and celebrating and our parents were so excited and happy to have their kids a part of the program and to see how great of a program it truly was!

After getting this race (which was casual with no timers) out of the way, I think I will have better idea of how it will work for the first race I signed up for on June 28th. I kind of got the first race jitters of the way and can feel like I know what I am doing.

It was such a great day and now it is time to celebrate my mom's birthday!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment