Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Day 63 - running buddies

My BRFs aka Best Running Friends | Women's Running Community (WRC)
this should say sisterhood...
Today, I wasn't supposed to run, but when I picked up my baby sister from school (I know, I know...she's 17 and not a baby anymore! :O ), she asked if I had run today and if I wanted to run with her. Of course, I can't turn down the opportunity for a running buddy since no one every wants to run with me!! I told her that my next training run was for 1.5 miles and we could do that if it was ok with her. She was down, so she went up, finished her homework and we were off!


This was only her second time running, so as we were going I got to tell her my tips and tricks and fill that big sister role. We took my normal route in the sun, heat, and humidity. After our first mile ran it in 11:10...WHAT?! A whole minute faster than yesterday?! Definitely my fastest 1.5 miler to date...how did this even happen?!

We ended the run with a 11:20 pace. That is crazy awesome! Why all the sudden improvements?! Yesterday I think it was the rest break. Today, I didn't count my warm up and cool down in our run (duh, I know I should have been doing that all along...), but I did that yesterday too. When I use the C25K app it would tell me run pace too, and that was definitely still around 13:00. Today, I think having my sister with me really helped distract me from the normal heat complaints and aches and pains that usually are constantly running through my mind. I definitely need to figure out a better way to distract myself while I run. Maybe taking my dog? That makes me nervous though...

I feel so good about the improvements I'm making, the strength I feel and see in my legs and body and how far I've come in such a short time! Now if only the pounds would drop off too...I just gotta keep on plugging!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment