Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 11 - 3 day weekend!

Well to begin, on my way home from work, I was exhausted and it was pouring, so I thought, "shit, I'm not going to make it out for a run 2 days in a row...this can't happen!!!" Eventually, the rain cleared up, and after dinner, I actually REALLY wanted to get outside! Not out of guilt, or embarrassment from the blog, I just really wanted to go! I was BORED of watching TV (this is soooo new to me!), so I hydrated, had my pre-workout, checked the radar for the storms that were coming, and went for my run!
How I feel right now...

I don't know if it was the humidity, the wind, the storminess that was approaching, or the fact that I may be coming down with a cold, but I just could NOT run or catch my breath. I actually felt a bit weezy (so it may be sinus related). I was doing week 2, but I was struggling HARD. I kept telling myself, "I can do ANYTHING for 90 seconds!" I repeated that mantra over and over again...THEN it started raining. I was already uncomfortable, was heading further away from home, and didn't want to be stranded in a thunderstorm (I am also terrified of storms btw), so I just turned off the program, and ran back to my house.

I ended up with a quick time, so that tells me that the last part of my run that really slows me down (no surprise there, I know I push too hard when I first start, pacing myself is not my specialty).

I am proud of myself for actually WANTING to go outside! I am also glad I just did some exercise and I am continuing on this process.

Baby steps...

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment