Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 14- Happy Easter!

Today was a busy day! We had a lot to do! It started super early this morning with church, breakfast, and finding baskets at my mom's. My brothers were in town from college, but we missed my athlete sister in Georgia!

Since we were up so early, I passed out on the couch for a few hours between breakfast at my mom's and heading to my dad's for dinner...that was supposed to be my run time :/ I did get in four runs this week, so I don't feel bad (although maybe I should...)

I ate WAAAY too much today and am nervous about all the candy I got today. I'll do my best to stay on track, but the Malley's (an AMAZING local candy company!) is extremely tempting.

I got some advice from a few of the forums I have joined for couch to 5k (one on My Fitness Pal, one on Facebook). I need new shoes to help my back pain and do some core work. I asked my sister to create a workout routine for me. She has an exercise physiology degree and a personal trainer license, so hopefully that will help.

Also, my dad wants to get us a family pass to the local rec center since he and my brother want to start going to the gym, which may mean that I will no longer have to pay a gym membership!! Yay for family health goals!

I just signed up for my first official 5K in my hometown on June 28th. It's a family team race and my dad and sister might sign up with me! I'm excited to have some support!!

I hope everyone else enjoyed their holiday, I know I was glad to share the start of my journey with my family and excited to see some willing to join me!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment