Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 13 - what to do to hold myself accountable for weight training??

Before my run, I was trying to figure out what else I was going to do to accompany the running. Everything I read and all the research I've done says that weight training, yoga, core strengthening, foam rolling ,etc. is just as important as the running training. Knowing that unless I have something or someone to hold me accountable to do it, I began my research.

I signed up for a beginner's yoga workshop at a studio by my house for $25. I think I need this beginner's stuff before joining a class so that I am comfortable enough to do it. I'm comparing prices at a few studios by my house still to decide which class I will take weekly (I think one a week is enough, right?).

I then looked at my gym's group class schedule. I am always so nervous about being judged at these classes. BUT what I just realized is that once a week they have a BEGINNER'S WEIGHT TRAINING CLASS!! My family will be out of town this week while I am working (I hate that everyone's spring breaks are different...), so since I will be home alone, I have NO excuse to not go! I am actually kind of excited to try out this class, and hopefully I don't get too anxious and chicken out from going, but we will see!

After my cold, windy, fast, and long workout (I thought I was out of practice because I nearly threw up, and seriously hurt and was way more tired than normal, but it turns out I was going one of my fastest paces!) I made my favorite protein shake. It is seriously delicious and is only 270 calories according to the myfitnesspal app!

1 cup chocolate almond milk (any milk will do, but this one's my favorite)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp of pb2 or pb2 with chocolate
6 ice cubes

It is seriously like drinking a milkshake, and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty about it!

so delicious in smoothies!!

I know that pb2 pulls out all the good fats from peanut butter, so I don't use it exclusively, only in some baking and smoothies- I still had regular peanut butter on my toast today!

I should make this even better for me by adding some spinach or kale, but I didn't have any in the house today :(

Tonight we are celebrating my brother's birthday, so I'm glad I got my run in before the brownies and ribs we are having for dinner :/

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment