Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day 33 - new shoes!

yes please...
My mom and I met my baby sister on her lunch break yesterday and had dinner. Afterwards, went to TJ Maxx for my mom to get some stuff and I ended up getting a few birthday presents! She bought me a new pair of Saucony's. I tried on two different pairs and picked the one with a lot of support
little cushioning and what felt more stabilization in my foot. Is it the 100% perfect shoe? No, but it will get me through my first 5k. I think I will reward myself with a "real" fitted pair after my first race.

So, today I ran with this pair of shoes. I knew it changed my gait when my legs began burning after my 5 minute warm up walk. I haven't had that kind of burn since I first started running! I need to get better at stopping and pausing the program after my walk and stretch. By the end of my runs, my legs are cramping and burning like crazy and I stop then and stretch, but by then it is too late.
my new shoes! 

And holy cow, am I building up some calf muscles! I flex and stretch and my legs are super hard and strong! I love it! I have never had muscles before and it is just crazy whenever I feel them! I even am developing some lines where the muscles meet the bones. It's so weird!

I went back to week four of the training program because I ran for 3 days straight and knew I had to take it a bit easier. I did work a little on speed and ran a little faster than normal to really push my speed to where I need it. It led to my best mile pace despite walking more! All around great and positive day!

Plus, the Cavs swept Boston in the playoffs, so that always helps my mood :)

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment