Monday, April 6, 2015

Day 15 - Let's talk hydration

Today at work we had no students and spent the day in conference rooms over Lake Erie. It was a stress-free day and we got a lot of planning done until the end of the year! However, when I'm teaching, because I am doing a lot of talking, I drink a ton of water. Today while I'm sitting in meetings and having work time on my own, I didn't drink NEARLY as much water as I usually do! What gives? I knew I was going to run tonight, so I came home and drank like 4 glasses of water, but I wonder why I didn't drink as much water? Maybe because I always walk around with my water bottle in my hand while I'm teaching so I drink it more? Maybe since I wasn't constantly refilling, it wasn't as cold as I'd like? Who knows, but now I know I need to make a more conscience effort to drink water on non-work days or teacher work days.

Today for my run, I moved on to week 4...this involved 5 minutes of constant running! I wasn't sure, if I'd make it! Before I left, I had a lot of self-doubt, since 3 minutes is hard enough! I just took it VERY slow, but I made it! I just didn't let myself quit, and constantly kept moving. Stopping wasn't even an option. After my last 5 minute run, I was smiling from ear to ear. I had done it! While I was running, whenever I wanted to quit, I just told myself that I know I would feel accomplished and couldn't wait to tell people what I did!

Times were only slightly faster-15:00 pace (quickest outside though!) and I didn't go much further (2.1 miles-.2 longer than Saturday), but you know what?! I did it, and it was probably the longest time I've ever run in my life-even when I was on the middle school track team. It is so important to celebrate the little victories, otherwise I would have given up by now.

They say it takes 21 days to make a habit...I'm almost there!

I spent a lot of time on meal prep today, more details on that tomorrow!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment