Friday, April 3, 2015

Day 12 - weight training at the doctor

Today was a day off of work. I woke up, washed and cleaned out my car, went for coffee with my best friend Lauren, and then went to the doctor.

#true
I could tell I needed my adjustment today. My back hurt and my hips were tight. After my muscle stimulation and my adjustment, the doctor had me do some hip and leg exercises. He has me put a weight on my right hip and goes through a quick sequence. I start balancing on one leg and then the other. Then I have to balance and close my eyes (super hard with a weight attached to my right side!). Then I do two sets of squats. Then I repeat the same process while balancing on a BOSU ball! With the ball side down, trying to do two sets of squats was RIDICULOUS! I was shaking like CRAZY! The lady at the doctors office said that muscles that have never been used before are being activated and are working hard.



I am hoping (and am thinking) that working on getting stronger small back muscles and hip flexors should help my running performance.

Thoughts? Anyone else ever been to a chiropractor?

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment