Saturday, April 25, 2015

Day 32 - so. tired.

So I've started MyFitnessPal again to begin tracking my food intake and I already see after only having a breakfast, that I ate too much fat - and I didn't eat that much! Total reality check, which was what I needed I guess. It's just going to be a protein shake for a lunch so that I don't go over my calories for the day...I'm planning on meeting my sister for dinner and then hopefully going out tonight with my friends and beers will be consumed!

I went for a run this morning - probably not my best idea. I continued the training program and if I wanted to run, I probably should have taken it a bit easier. I had just run full out last night at 6 and then at noon today - oops! I just really wanted to go! It was cloudy and 50 degrees, perfect running weather! I guess as long as I don't injure myself, I'm just doing things to better myself, so I need to quit trying to improve EVERY run. It is going to ebb and flow, I just need to get out there and do it!

I was running for 22 minutes straight today and with about 6 minutes left I decided to stop and stretch because I was getting a lot of tightness in my calves. I was in pain, but I probably just should have kept going because after I stopped for that one minute to stretch, I struggled to keep going. I stopped to check how much time was left (like literally stopped for a couple seconds at a time, not just slow down) every couple of minutes. I am not sure if this is just normal running tightness/cramping, or if getting fitted for shoes will help. I'm hopeful that a good pair of shoes will do the trick. I know that the shoes should help with the knee pain I get after running and could even help with some of my lower back pain. I am just waiting until my birthday (1 week from now!) to see if I get a gift card to the local running store. I know the investment is worth it, but if I get help to pay for them in the form of a gift card, that would be even better!

yep. I need new shoes.
I currently own two pairs of Nike shoes and know that those are not the best for running, but I switch back and forth between them. I can't seem to decide which ones offer the most support (one being much older, but a better running shoe and the other brand new, but to weak to support my super high arches). I can't wait to go get fitted and see what I need!

I got more information about how to sign up for my yoga classes today, so I may go tomorrow or one day this week to finally get started on my practice! I am really excited for that too!


Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment