Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day 20 - running with the fam

Today, I went over to my dad's house and ran with him and my baby sister. I have been trying to convince my dad to run the 5k with me on June 28th - he's still unsure even though we have 11 weeks. We ran/walked according to the c25k app today and went 2.11 miles - he seems to think this is not enough progress even though I told him we have a long time to train!
how my dad feels right now...


It was fun to go with someone(s), the time usually goes by pretty fast when I run, but it definitely just flew by today! I really enjoyed it and it was a gorgeous day! Just enough of a breeze to cool off and sunny. I truly enjoyed my run today!

I'm hoping that means I can get my baby sister Abby to run with me on a regular basis and sign up for the race also, but I haven't asked her yet. I'm excited that my new found passion and idea to help me lose weight has been noticed by my whole family and I like to think my excitement has made them want to try it!

I got my first foam roller today! I used it a little after my run. I was a bit sensitive since I had my massage yesterday, but I liked it! I think it worked out some of the tension I usually get even after stretching. I have one that seems a little bit wide, so I may look for one that is a little shorter, but I'll try this one for a while!

AND for the record this is day 20...they say it takes 21 days to create a habit! I'm feeling ecstatic about the opportunity to improve myself!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment