Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 22 - I probably should have rested today...

oops...
It was a fairly busy day at work today, and I was pretty tired, however, on my way home I was determined to get out and run. I came home, ate dinner, got some work done, and then got changed to run. The skies were looking somewhat dark, and as soon as I stepped outside it started POURING. If it was just drizzling or lightly raining, I would have gone anyway, but no it was pouring.

Normally, that would have been an excuse to throw in a towel, but like I said I was DETERMINED to run.I grabbed my gym bag and got in my car as fast as I could (I was soaked!). I ran on the treadmill instead, and realized how much I really prefer running outside. My time was slower, I was much less motivated to go quicker. Part of me thinks that running three days in a row was a bit too much for me right now. I don't want to hurt myself! I just knew which days I would not be able to run, and I just scheduled it around those days.

Anyways, my lack of motivation/exhaustion can be seen in my times.
Displaying 20150413_201435_resized.jpg
yikes...
I got home and weighed myself, since I haven't in awhile and the scale says I am not losing anything. I know, I know - don't pay attention to the scale. I don't know what else I can do! I am watching what I eat, have been running regularly for three weeks. It's super frustrating because I want to succeed and I want to see my body improve as much as my running ability is improving. 

I talked this out with my sister Meredith - the athlete - and she also said that she works hard and eats right she gains weight. She gave me some encouraging words. Don't worry about the scale, could be muscle gains in my legs (cause I practically had zero muscle mass before), I'm bettering myself and making myself healthier, it's all worth it regardless, once the weight starts dropping it will go fast, it may take some time to start, etc. 

I am not giving up or anything (I already paid for my first 5k!), just a little discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment