Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 21 - I have created a habit!

loved the trainers and all the talking in this one!
source

Day 21 means a habit has been formed! I have been making time to run, making it a priority in my days. I'm proud of myself for getting to this point! I try to run 3-4 times a week and do something every day to keep myself active - today is definitely another day to celebrate successes!

Today I moved on to week 5 of the Couch to 5k app. I downloaded a new app from active.com that tracks your distance while you run. I think (hope) it was more accurate than dailymile.com because it goes with me and I'm not just drawing on a map, however, the reviews say the GPS can go down on you a lot, so I may try this app with Map My Run to see how accurate it really is.

That being said - the app says I went 2.38 miles in 30:58 meaning that I ran at 12:58 pace! Did I really cut my time by that much OR is Daily Mile inaccurate OR is the Couch to 5k app inaccurate?! I'm hoping that Daily Mile just didn't show all the little nuances of my run (when I cross the street, when I run around something, etc.), so we'll try again tomorrow and see what happens...

Any advice on what to use when running to map your distance?

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment