Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 34 - first real yoga class!

I had a scheduled half day at work today for an annual check up, so I decided to make the most of it and schedule my chiropractic appointment and go to my first real yoga class! 

My right side was a bit tight and I knew I was definitely in need of my adjustment! My doc said that my right side was much shorter than my left and I felt it when he stretched me out - it actually hurt! So much tightness and soreness!

so true...just get up and move!
I then booked it from one side of town to another to head to my first yoga class! I was super nervous and anxious about embarrassing myself. Well my mat embarrassed me (I had to borrow one!) so I bought a new one with a credit I had from Amazon, so it was FREE. $100 mat for free?! Yes, please!

This class was called Easy Does It, yet it was not so easy for me! I struggled through it a little bit and my legs were shaking towards the end! Yoga is calming, yet I see why it's not just meditation, it really is a workout! I was sweating and shaking and enjoying every second of it! I am glad I found something to do on my rest days and I can't wait to deepen my practice and increase my core strength, muscle strength and flexibility.

Who knew exercise was so exciting and something I would actually LIKE doing? It was all about finding what I liked and enjoyed doing. So crazy how much motivation there is to go out and get active when you actually like what you are doing! I'm still hopeful for a big change and that this becomes part of my daily life and am so thrilled for this!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment