Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 26 - Major milestone today!

I RAN FOR 20 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING TODAY! I was having stomach issues today and totally did not want to get off the couch and run...I even waited until the last possible second to leave to run (I looked at when the sunset was so I could time my 30 minute run in the last bit of daylight! ha!). I walked my 5 minutes and then started running. It felt really easy and I just went really slow to conserve my energy.

The bummer about this whole thing is that my phone died 7 minutes into the run! (I have ordered a new battery through my insurance plan arriving in a few days...I can't wait...) So I have no idea my pace, but my distance was only about 1.8 miles (not sure why...I did try to restart my phone many times, which may have slowed my run down a bit). I am like 90% sure I ran for the whole 20 minutes though because I looked at my phone when it was time to start jogging after my warm up and it was 7:50 and I got back to my house after a short cool down walk at 8:14 (so I may have run 21 minutes, because my walk was definitely only like 3ish minutes). I don't trust dailymile.com  and their pace, because it doesn't map all the nuances of my run, so I refuse to use that as my pace! I'll have to try again next time!
This is what I truly believe

I got home after my run and texted everyone who knows of my new running goals of my progress! I was so excited and so proud and I just want to celebrate the little things! If I keep looking ahead at all the work I still have to do (5K, 10K, half marathon goals, weight loss, etc), I will never keep up with it.

To think I used to HATE running...now, I can't imagine my life without it. Pushing my body to new limits, working towards goals that aren't just professional, but also personal, bettering myself, and bonding with my more athletic family members that I have never been able to reach at that level before. It's all soooo amazing! I can't believe that this is where I am, and I'm only just starting my journey! Imagine the accomplishments to come?

Tomorrow I have my first beginner's yoga workshop...I can't wait! I'll let you know how it goes!

Until next time-
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment